The University of Iowa John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center (Iowa JPEC) launched the annual, week-long Okoboji Entrepreneurial Institute (OEI) in partnership with other state of Iowa universities and Iowa Lakes Corridor Development. The summer program is designed to provide students with a week-long immersion into entrepreneurship and business strategy and develop an outstanding network of peers and business professionals. OEI will take place Sunday, August 6 – Friday, August 11, 2017.
Students from the University of Iowa, University of Northern Iowa, Iowa State University, Iowa Lakes Community College, and Buena Vista University participate in advanced study of entrepreneurship that includes a team-based entrepreneurial venture computer simulation, seminars with successful entrepreneurs, business and community leaders, networking and fun on the shores of Iowa’s Great Lakes in Okoboji, Iowa. OEI has proven to be a life-changing experience for participants.
Check out the 10 year anniversary video for 2015 below!
- Earn 3 semester hours of academic credit for the undergraduate entrepreneurship majors and certificates (FREE)
- Network with acclaimed entrepreneurs and business leaders
- Compete for cash prizes in an advanced business simulation
- Discuss your entrepreneurial ideas and career goals with seasoned business professionals and investors
- Make lifelong friends and career connections
- All expenses paid – including the academic course credit!
- Junior standing (more than 60 semester hours of college credit earned)
- Current UI undergraduate student enrolled in the Certificate in Entrepreneurial Management, BBA in Management with an Entrepreneurial Management Track, BA in Enterprise Leadership, Technological Entrepreneurship Certificate, Arts Entrepreneurship Certificate, Media Entrepreneurialism Certificate, and/or a member of the Iowa JPEC Founders Club.
- Minimum 2.50 GPA in the entrepreneurship program
Applications for August 2017 are due March 31, 2017.
2017 OEI Application
Apply by March 31, 2017Apply Today