2013 Startup of the Year Awards
Nomination & Application Process
The University of Iowa is pleased to announce the Startup of the Year Awards. In order to recognize innovation and entrepreneurship on campus, two startup businesses affiliated with the University of Iowa will be honored. The awards ceremony will be held in conjunction with the inaugural Hawkeye Innovation Summit on Friday, April 26th, 2013. Two startup awards will be presented: (1) University of Iowa Startup of the Year and (2) University of Iowa Student Startup of the Year.
Any company started by a current UI student, faculty member, or staff member is encouraged to apply.
- For the University of Iowa Startup of the Year Award, at least one owner of the company must be employed by the University of Iowa at the time of the application or the principal address of the startup must be located at the UI Research Park or Bedell Entrepreneurship Learning Laboratory.
- For the University of Iowa Student Startup of the Year Award, at least one owner must be a student at the University of Iowa enrolled in 6 credit hours or more at the time of the application.
- The company must be based in Iowa.
- For the purpose of this award, a startup is defined as a company that has been operational for three (3) years or less.
- Market Potential and Competitive Advantage
- Achievements to date including Jobs Created, Capital Raised and Revenue Generated
- Future Plans
Companies affiliated with the University of Iowa are encouraged to self-nominate.
The deadline to complete the form below is midnight on Sunday, March 31st.