Six-Week Start-up Training Program
Six-Week Start-up (formerly FastTrac® New Venture Series) is an exciting seven-session program for aspiring entrepreneurs and early-stage ventures to get their business idea off the ground and running. This program focuses on a step-by-step process for developing a plan to successfully launch a new sustainable venture or grow an existing start-up.
During the seven-session program you will:
- Evaluate the financial potential of your venture and analyze the risks
- Identify sources of capital for financing your new venture
- Conduct market research and recognize the components of a marketing plan and sales strategy
- Understand issues regarding legal, tax, licenses/permits, booking, and insurance
- Learn to benefit from the current economic environment
- Network with successful entrepreneurs and business experts
Six-Week Start-up is sponsored by the University of Iowa's John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center and Small Business Development Center. The Unviersity offers two sessions each year, typically one in the fall and one in the spring. This program is open to the public.
Upcoming Session: Spring 2013
Thursdays, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
Feburary 7th - March 28th (no class March 21st)
BioVentures Center, University of Iowa Research Park (2500 Crosspark Rd, Coralville, IA)
$149/person* - Includes textbook and all class materials
*Discount available to current UI students - contact us for more information.
For more information, please contact the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurship Center at (319) 335-1022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.