Online Certificate in Entrepreneurial Management
To earn the Certificate in Entrepreneurial Management, students must be admitted to the University and successfully complete 18-20 semester hours of course work while maintaining a minimum 2.0 GPA. The certificate may be earned separately or as part of the University's BAS/BLS online degree programs.
The required courses include the following:
ENTR:1000 (previously 06T:050) Foundations of Entrepreneurship
ENTR:2000 (previously 06T:120) Entrepreneurship and Innovation
ENTR:3100 (previously 06T:133) Entrepreneurial Finance
ENTR:3200 (previously 06T:134) Entrepreneurial Marketing
ENTR:4400 (previously 06T:150) Managing the Growth Business
*Students may substitute ENTR:3520 (previously 06T:125) New Ventures in the Arts for ENTR:2000 (previously 06T:120); check ISIS for co-requisite requirements.
Students may choose two of the following electives to complete the program:
ENTR:3595 (previously 06T:144) Nonprofit Organizational Effectiveness I
ENTR:3500 (previously 06T:147) Social Entrepreneurship
ENTR:4200 (previously 06T:192) Entrepreneurship: Business Consulting
ENTR:4300 (previously 06T:194) Advanced Business Planning
Individuals seeking to earn the distance Certificate in Entrepreneurial Management would be required to apply to the University and to minimally meet the University's BAS or BLS degree program admission requirements as outlined below:
- an Associate of Applied Science (AAS), Associate of Science (AS), or Associate of Arts (AA) degree with a minimum of 60 semester hours (s.h.) of transferable credit including all career-technical course work
- a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.0 or above for Iowa Community College graduates
- a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5 or above for applicants with a degree from a community college outside of Iowa
- a minimum of 60 semester hours of transferable credit, or
- a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.