Join us as we celebrate innovation and entrepreneurship at the University of Iowa during the second annual Hawkeye Innovation Summit!
This full-day event brings the UI’s most innovative, faculty, staff and students together in one place to celebrate successes, inspire new creations, and encourage networking for future collaborations. Throughout the day, there will be keynote speakers, breakout sessions, a luncheon, a startup showcase, and competitions.
Come for all or part of the event. Registration is free!
Friday, March 28th
8:00am – 4:00pm
HotelVetro, Downtown Iowa City
8:00 AM – Registration – Continental Breakfast
8:30 AM – Opening Remarks
8:45 AM – Panel Discussion: Creating an Innovative Culture in the Workplace
9:45 AM – Breakout Sessions
- Innovation Track: 3-D Printing – Combining Art and Science
- Informational Track: SBIR/STTR Programs
- How I Did It Track: Entrepreneurship in the Arts
- Spotlight: Demo Day – Quick fire presentations
10:45AM – Breakout Sessions
- Innovation Track: Venture School Lite
- Informational Track: Acquiring Venture Funding
- How I Did It Track: Faculty Entrepreneurship
- Spotlight: UI Business Model Competition – Final Round
11:45AM – Lunch & Keynote Speaker: Bob Dorf, Co-Author, The Startup Owner’s Manual
1:15 PM – Breakout Sessions
- Innovation Track: App Development
- Informational Track: IP Law
- How I Did It Track: Where are they now – JPEC students highlighted
- Spotlight: Ventures@UI Showcase (1:00-4:00pm)
2:15 PM – Keynote: Dr. Matthew Howard, Chairman of UI’s Neurosurgery & Serial Entrepreneur
3:00 PM – Networking Reception
This event is hosted in collaboration with the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center; Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development; University of Iowa Research Foundation; University of Iowa Research Park; and University of Iowa Small Business Development Center.
Hawkeye Innovation Summit
March 28, 2014 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Sign up for event
Registration for this event is currently closed.