Throughout the year, Iowa JPEC and the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) sponsors and cosponsors a variety of workshops and training programs. These programs are specifically designed to meet the needs of Iowa entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Six-Week Startup Training Program
NEXT SESSION WILL BE SPRING 2017
Six-Week Startup is an exciting six-session program for aspiring entrepreneurs and early-stage ventures to get their business idea off the ground and running. This program focuses on a step-by-step process for developing a plan to successfully launch a new sustainable venture or grow an existing startup.
During the six week program, participants will:
- Evaluate the financial potential of their venture and analyze the risks
- Identify sources of capital for financing their new venture
- Conduct market research and recognize the components of a marketing plan and sales strategy
- Understand issues regarding legal, tax, licenses/permits, booking, and insurance
- Learn to benefit from the current economic environment
- Network with successful entrepreneurs and business experts
SBDC Lunch and Learns
Community members are invited to attend monthly Lunch and Learn workshops, sponsored by Iowa JPEC and the Small Business Development Center (SBDC). Each month, new speakers present different topics to aspiring and established entrepreneurs.
Past topics have included:
- Guerilla and Alternative Marketing, Heather Smith Friedman, de Novo Marketing
- HR Startup Anxieties, Brenda LaMarche, BRLHR
- Sales 101, Joe George, JPEC Profesor
- IP and Business Law Questions, Bill Daly and Jason R. Sytsma, Shuttleworth Law Firm
- Practical Legal Advice for Business Owners and Entrepreneurs, Camille Urban and Joe Leo, BrownWinick
Contact Paul Heath for additional information regarding SBDC Lunch and Learns.
View the events calendar to get more information about upcoming conferences, seminars and workshops.View Events Calendar