Venture School is a 6-week training program designed to accelerate the startup process while increasing your chance for success.
Upcoming Venture School Dates
Venture School Cedar Falls – Begins Oct 2014
(Application deadline: October 3rd)
Kick-Off: October 22, 7 pm
Opening Workshop: October 23-25, 8 am
October 30, 5 – 9 pm
November 6, 5 – 9pm
November 13, 5 – 9 pm
November 20, 5 – 9 pm
Closing Workshop: December 1 and 2, 8 am
Have an idea?
After filling out the online application, you will be scheduled for an interview with our teaching team. Once accepted into Venture School there will be a $500 fee to reserve your spot. Apply to a cohort near you today!
Want to be part of a team?
If you do not have an idea but would like to be placed on a Venture School team, apply to be a Team Member!
Venture School emphasizes real-world entrepreneurship through experiential learning, a flipped classroom and immediate feedback.
Your team will accelerate the start-up process by testing your business hypotheses immediately. You will get out of the building to talk to customers, partners and competitors, rather than relying on static case studies and secondhand market research.
You will encounter first-hand the chaos and uncertainty of commercializing innovations and creating new ventures, and will be challenged to create your own business model, making pivots or preserving based on your findings.
- Discover a great market for your technology or idea.
- Learn from people who have real world knowledge.
- Appreciate what it takes to commercialize technology and the barriers to adoption.
- Develop your business model and strengthen you knowledge of business concepts and procedures.
- Expand your network by connecting with teachers, investors, customers and mentors.
- Meet the players that can help you move your idea forward.
NSF Innovation Corps (I-Corps™) Curriculum
Venture School instructors have attended the National Science Foundation’s I-Corps Lean LaunchPad training. This approach focuses on flipped classroom teaching, lean methodologies and customer discovery.
- View a sample Venture School cohort schedule (download)
- View a sample list of Venture School team assignments (download)
Venture School Application
Next Venture School Begins:
September 21, 2014 -
Creative Corridor / Iowa City
(deadline: Sept 1)
October 22, 2014 -
(deadline: Oct 3)