The Certificate in Entrepreneurial Management teaches the fundamentals of business while placing emphasis on entrepreneurship theory and practice. It is the perfect complement to ANY undergraduate degree, whether you want to start a business or quickly advance in your field.
This program is available to on-campus, as well as online through UI’s Division of Continuing Education.
To earn the Certificate in Entrepreneurial Management, students must successfully complete 18-20 semester hours of course work and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA in all course work. Students interested in taking entrepreneurship courses should start with ENTR:2000 (06T:120) Entrepreneurship and Innovation; this class is open to students who have completed 30 semester hours. Non-business students are required to take ENTR:1350 (06T:050) Foundations in Entrepreneurship or its equivalent either prior to, or concurrent with, ENTR:2000 (06T:120) or ENTR:3520 (06T:125).
Required core courses:
- ENTR:2000 (06T:120) Entrepreneurship and Innovation*
- ENTR:3100 (06T:133) Entrepreneurial Finance
- ENTR:3200 (06T:134) Entrepreneurial Marketing
- ENTR:4400 (06T:150) Managing the Growth Business
*Students may substitute ENTR:3520 (06T:125) New Ventures in the Arts for ENTR:2000 (06T:120); check ISIS for co-requisite requirements.
Electives courses (choose 2):
- ENTR:3595 (06T:144) Nonprofit Organizational Effectiveness I
- ENTR:3300 (06T:145) Legal Aspects of Entrepreneurship
- ENTR:3400 (06T:146) Strategic Management of Technology and Innovation
- ENTR:3500 (06T:147) Social Entrepreneurship
- ENTR:3600 (06T:148) E-commerce Strategies for Entrepreneurs
- ENTR:4450 (06T:151) Professional Sports Management
- ENTR:4460 (06T:152) Entrepreneurship & Global Trade
- ENTR:4510 (06T:155) Arts Leadership Seminar
- ENTR:4000 (06T:190) Seminar in Entrepreneurship: Real Estate
- ENTR:4100 (06T:191) Practicum in Entrepreneurship
- ENTR:4200 (06T:192) Entrepreneurship: Business Consulting (Entrepreneurial Management Institute) (Contact Iowa JPEC internship advisor, Phil Jordan, at (319) 335-0959 for course details.)
- ENTR:4600 (06T:193) Advanced Venture Finance
- ENTR:4300 (06T:194) Advanced Business Planning
- ENTR:4900 (06T:199) Academic Internship (Contact Iowa JPEC internship advisor, Phil Jordan, at (319) 335-0959 for course details.)
- View all available courses
How to declare and for more information:
Business Students: Undergraduate Programs, Henry B. Tippie College of Buinsess
C140 Pappajohn Business Building (PBB)
Liberal Arts & Science Students: Academic Programs
120 Schaeffer Hall (SH)
TECHNOLOGICAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP CERTIFICATE
This program combines engineering technology, entrepreneurship and business education to position students for success in today’s competitive work environment. Because innovation is critical to an organization’s success, it is a great addition to an engineering degree. Students develop management and leadership skills, as well as learn the process of starting and leading their own business one day.
Visit the College of Engineering for more information.
CERTIFICATE IN ARTS ENTREPRENEURSHIP
The Division of Performing Arts in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences has partnered with the University of Iowa John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center (Iowa JPEC) in the Tippie College of Business to offer a joint Certificate in Arts Entrepreneurship. This program is designed for students who intend to start their own business in the arts as well as those interested in gaining a better understanding of the entrepreneurial process as it relates to the arts. The unique curriculum provides a venue for developing the skills necessary to be strong, creative contenders in the competitive field of the arts.
Visit the Division of Performing Arts for more information.