JOHN PAPPAJOHN ENTREPRENEURIAL CENTER
Title: Public Relations Coordinator
Job Code: PMP1
Pay level: 3A
The Event Coordinator will coordinate, plan and manage events for the University of Iowa’s John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center (JPEC). This person will be responsible for all aspects of event management and promotion from the initial planning stages through event clean up. In addition, the Event Coordinator will work closely with JPEC student ambassadors to ensure events are executed with perfection. Successful applicants will have a valid driver’s license and be able to handle physical requirements of event set-up. Responsibilities will require some travel and time outside the 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday workweek.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Message Development and Implementation
- Assist in the creation and dissemination of event promotion materials.
- Identify and compile targeted invite lists and determine the best way to reach the desired audience for the various types of events.
- Identify new vendors and manage current relationships with key vendors.
- Gather financial quotes and develop budgets for events.
- Coordinate all event logistics.
- Gather feedback and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate constituency group(s).
- Identify and coordinate appropriate promotional plans for specific events.
- May represent the University on behalf of the program, project or unit.
- Maintain contact lists of preferred vendors, including but not limited to caterers, rental companies, restaurateurs, and hotel operators.
- Maintain lists of event attendees; add contact information to database; track total number of event attendees for the year.
- May develop surveys to collect feedback from event attendees.
Determine costs and provide input to budget development. Monitor designated segments of project budget.
May provide functional and administrative supervision of student staff; including providing direction, assignments, feedback, coaching and counseling to assure outcomes are achieved.
Collaboration and Embracing Diversity
Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and civil manner while appreciating the unique contribution of individuals from varied cultures, race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Positive Impact/Achieving Results
Ability to utilize existing resources and learning to achieve or exceed desired outcomes of current and future organizational goals/needs. Able to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations while producing results.
Service Excellence/Customer Focus
Ability to meet or exceed customer service needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner. Ability to effectively transmit and interpret information through appropriate communication with internal and external customers.
|Organizational Communications||Knowledge of and ability to utilize the means, tools, techniques and media to communicate information about organizational events internally and externally.|
|Relationship Management||Ability to establish and build healthy working relationships and partnerships with colleagues within and external to own unit, those to whom services are provided, vendors, the public, etc., all of whom may be seen as “customers” or receivers of services provided by the University.|
|Event Management||Knowledge of event management processes and activities; ability to plan, organize and execute events and to coordinate resources before, during and after an event.|
|Creativity||Knowledge of the approaches, tools, and techniques for promoting creative, original thinking and ability to apply it to a variety of business situations.|
|Resource Management||Plans, mobilizes and distributes resources to fulfill business objectives and plans.|
|Written Communications||Knowledge of written communications issues and ability to produce a variety of business documents that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought, and orderliness of presentation.|
General supervision will be received from JPEC’s Marketing and PR Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Typically 6 months –1 year of event planning experience.
- Extensive knowledge and ability to plan, organize, monitor and control multiple projects, ensuring efficient use of resources in order to achieve project objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and creatively solve problems in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment.
- Working knowledge of and experience in: volunteer management, relationship management, and resource management.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications and other communication tools.
- Ability to work weekends, evening hours, and travel overnight.
- A valid driver’s license and a driving record that permits use of university vehicles.
- Preferred 1 – 2 years of event planning experience.
- Familiarity with post-secondary higher educational institutions.
- Working knowledge of UI policies and procedures relating to on-campus events and communications.
- Experience hiring, scheduling and supervising student staff.
- Ability to handle physical requirement of event set-up and teardown.
To apply, please visit the University of Iowa website at: jobs.uiowa.edu, Requisition Number: 65225. Application screening will begin immediately.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.